First we did a recap of our research findings with the help of different post-its which segmented them in problems, facts and solutions. We found topics to group the findings and iterated the process to create an affinity diagram. Finally it became obvious that the main problem for the taxi drivers was to be at the right place at the right time to pick up clients – it’s a matter of luck. After that we did a task analysis and detected that a taxi driver plays a passive role during the client acquisition. Actually he waits and waits and waits most of his time.
After we located the problems we worked on a scenario to present our concept clearly, still developing new ideas. We picked out the main stages and created a storyboard with six frames.
The clue of our idea is to turn the taxi driver’s role from reactive to proactive by driving to promising event endings while giving him the possibility to plan his day efficiently. We call it “catch-a-client”.