Our group worked out a concept to facilitate the work behind the counter. “SORD” (Speed Ordering) is a system which can speed up and ease the whole order transaction. After recording the order with a microphone it appears on two devices – at the cash register and at the preparation. Many orders can thus be handled in a small time period.
The waiter repeats the costumer’s order and records it with his microphone. Immediately the ordered articles appear on the devices at the cash register and at the preparation. Unpaid list items are displayed on yellow background. By pressing a button on the cash register the orders are automatically saved in the system. Saved orders change their color to green and advise the waiter at the preparation of starting his work. After he has finished he can clear the list of orders by pressing the “DONE”-button on his device.
SORD offers the following value propositions:
– accelerated order transaction => improved customer satisfaction
– error control: orders and prices don’t need to be known by heart
– better interactions among the staff members
– orders are automatically saved in the system
– order correction
– statistics about daily sales